Lowcountry Regional Science and Engineering Fair
An Affiliate of the International Science and Engineering Fair and the Broadcom MASTERS Competition
The Lowcountry Regional Science and Engineering Fair (LSF) is the International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF) and Broadcom MASTERS Competition affiliate for Berkeley, Charleston, Colleton, Dorchester, and Georgetown counites in South Carolina. The LSF was held on April 4, 2017. At the LSF, eligible students in grades 5-12 compete for national, regional, and local awards, as well as the opportunity to advance to the aforementioned competitions. The College of Charleston is the title sponsor for the LSF.
- The 37th Annual LSF and Awards Ceremony was held on Tuesday April 4, 2017. Thank you to all the students, teachers, mentors, parents, guardians, volunteers, judges, and sponsors that made it a success! A list of award winners is available for download by clicking here. Adobe Reader is required to view the file. To download Adobe, visit http://get.adobe.com/reader/.
- Read more about our winners at http://blogs.cofc.edu/lowcountryhall/2017/04/12/2017-lowcountry-science-and-engineering-fair-winners-announced/
- Our winners this year are Jenny Yao (1st) and Ali DeLambo (2nd) from Academic Magnet High School. Their projects were titled Idenitifying Limiting Nutrient on Stem Cell Spheroid Viability for Human Cardiac Tissue Regeneration and The Effects of Rock Steady Boxing on Cognition in Parkinson's Disease Patients.
- In 2017, we had around 123 student presenting over 99 projects. Categories include Behavioral and Social Sciences, Biological Sciences, Chemistry and Biochemistry, Earth and Environmental Sciences, Engineering, Embedded Systems and Mathematics, and Physics and Astronomy. Numerous awards were given in each of these categories.
- For 2017, team-based and problem-based projects were judged within an appropriate category.