Members of the science, technology, engineering, and mathematics fields are invited to serve as judges for the Lowcountry Regional Science and Engineering Fair (LSF). Those interested in judging finals should complete the Judges Registration Form to indicate their judging preferences or contact Cynthia Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org or 843.953.7847.
The 2017 LSF will be held Tuesday, April 4, 2017 at the College of Charleston's TD Arena (301 Meeting Street, Charleston, SC 29401). Enter TD Arena through the main doors located on Meeting Street. Light refreshments will be available for the judges.
Schedule of Events
12:15-3:30 | Category Judging for all divisions (judges may leave after all paperwork is completed and turned in to the judge coordinator)
3:30-6:15 | Final Interviews for ALL Divisions to determine overall winners
Directions to TD Arena
From Eastbound Interstate 26 | Take I-26 East into Charleston until the freeway comes to an end. Take Exit 221-B (exits to the left) and follow the signs to Meeting Street. Bear right from the exit ramp on to Meeting Street (at the light). Proceed south 0.85 miles down Meeting Street. The TD Arena is on the right, just past the Calhoun Street/Meeting Street intersection.
From Northbound Hwy 17 | Go southbound into Charleston over Cooper River Bridge, follow signs to Meeting Street. Proceed south exactly 0.85 miles down Meeting Street. The TD Arena is on the right, just past the Calhoun Street/Meeting Street intersection.
From Southbound Hwy 17 | Go northbound across the Ashley River Bridge bearing right onto Lockwood Blvd, staying in the left hand lane. At the first light, after the overpass, turn left onto Calhoun Street. Turn right at the corner of Meeting Street and Calhoun Street. (Intersection - BP Station, hotel, First Citizens Bank). The TD Arena is on your right.
Please see amap of TD Arena (marked as the Carolina First Arena) with nearby parking at http://www.cofcsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205095983&SPSID=72939&SPID=7031&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=14800#. Please note that payment is required for each of these garages and lots; some of these are CASH ONLY.
C of C Parking Garages (numbered to match map)
1. Gaillard Garage - Located on Alexander Street between Calhoun and George
2. St. Philip Street Garage - Located on St. Philip St. between George and Liberty
3. Wentworth Street Garage - Located on corner of St. Philip and Wentworth
4. CofC PG Garage - Located on St. Philip St. between Vanderhorst and Calhoun
Additional PUBLIC Parking
5. Francis Marion Garage - Located on King Street just off Marion Square
6. George Street Surface Lot - Located between Meeting and King
7. Wentworth/Renaissance Garage - Located on Wentworth between Meeting and King
8. Camden Exchange Garage - Located on John Street between Meeting and King
9. Aquarium Garage - Located on Calhoun Street between Washington and Concord
There are a number of city owned metered spaces around the TD Arena. Please observe all signage on parking areas to avoid being ticketed or towed.